Tuesday, July 5, 2011

summer update

Sorry I've been gone awhile.  I'm back now.
And I have some great pictures of the past week for you to see.  But first, an update in words:

- We went on a spur of the moment little vacation to the Adirondacks for 5 days over the holiday weekend.  Super relaxing and super fun.  
- I am now 15 weeks pregnant.  All signs of nausea seem to have passed... but I'm not uncrossing my fingers just yet.  Mike and I both think it's another girl but we'll have to wait til August to find out for sure...
- Lena can walk!  However, most of the time she chooses not to.  I think she can't be bothered by her own stumbly walking when she has super-fast crawling as another much more efficient option.  The most she's done at one time in the 2 weeks that this has been happening is 5 steps on her own.  Go Lena go.

Ok, enough updating, now for some pictures:
We love vacation!!

Lena gives Aunt Sheryl and Uncle Dave the Mean Face, look out!
Playing in the sand at the lake
Lena also discovered her love for sitting on beach chairs, she wanted to climb up and sit on every one
Daddy made Lena a "Sand Patch".  Does look a bit like a pig though... but then again, so does the real Patch
When the strangers nearby have a way better beach toy selection it's best to make friends with them
And when those same strangers think you're cute and want to feed you pretzels, why refuse??
MWAH!!  I LOVE SAND!!!
Needless to say, Lena loved it.  And we did too.
Happy July!

3 comments:

Leah said...

these pics are so funny- Ross and I are dying laughing at the mean face and the sand pic, oh and the chillin with the strangers on the beach oh and the sand.pig patch- okay all of them- so funny.

Anonymous said...

the one of lena in the sand is HYSTERICAL!!!

Unknown said...

Fun post Kim! How do you write comments under the pictures that you post?