Thursday, August 11, 2011

better late than never

So Mike stole the camera and went here:
and so I couldn't post any pictures until now. 

so here we are.
and here's Lena eating some pasta:
yum yum.

So it's been awhile, yes.
Before Mike went hiking we all went on vacation with the Roth clan:

and then we just did some good ol' fashioned summer-hanging-out-and-stayin'-cool.
 
and then yesterday I had my ultrasound.
We had to wait in the waiting room for almost 2 hours. 
We were thrilled:

And then we got some news from the doctors:

1) My expected due date of Dec 27th was wrong.  It is now Jan 13th.
2) Baby #2 is a BOY
We were more than a bit surprised:
But excited too.

Here's Lena's reaction when we told her the new baby was a boy:

No, just kidding.  That's Lena being mad at me for making her wear a bubble beard.
But don't worry, she's fine.
See?  Happy happy.

Now our only problem is the fact that we'll have to name this child.  Have I ever mentioned that there are no boys names I like?  And have I also ever mentioned that Mike and I have opposite taste in names?  This is going to be a tough one.

Ok, I promise it won't be as long til the next time I update this thing.
Ciao.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post. You are too funny. And A BOY??? so awesome. Congratulations Mike Kim and the not so happy,Lena.
Aunt sandy

Anonymous said...

Hahaha SO funny! I love her bubble beard.
It turns if you click anonymous, commenting finally works! (haven't been able to in a while)
Happy name hunting!
-Sheryl

mom said...

Yay! A grandson!! Can't wait!!!
Congratulations! love, mom

betsy said...

this might be my favorite post ever, the bubble beard kills me, i keep coming back and looking at it for a laugh!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny Kim! LOVE this post and lena's pasta and bubble beard! I'm counting down the days to see you guys! And I think you should pick a good italian boy's name since we our last names are all quite American. Like I've said before... brothers are the BEST! So happy! Maybe he'll be late and be born on my b-day!

BML said...

We also hated finding boy names. We also disagree on names in general. We can't even agree on a paint color - so it will likely be a game-day decision. Good luck with all of that.