Sunday, January 9, 2011

I am back.

Hello.

Sorry for my absence.  Christmas happened, New Years happened, a lot of driving happened, and sicknesses happened.  Everything was great except the sicknesses, they were miserable.

Anyway, hi.  So today I have some pictures and a quick video.  The video is called "Crazy Arms 'N' Legs" and it's Lena showing off one of her best-loved moves.  The parent commentary is a bit overdone, so maybe watch with the volume off?  The pictures have no commentary to be ignored.  So yes, on with the multi-media and then I'll sum it all up with some thoughts.


And here are the pictures:




And the thoughts:

Sleep.  How I miss you.  

Lena does not sleep through the night.  Translation: I haven't gotten a good night's sleep since July.  That was 6 months ago.  I'm getting close to losing my mind.  I just don't know what to do.  I've read all the books (and subsequently threw them against the wall, if you've read my recent posts), google-ed "how to get a baby to sleep through the night" countless times, tried all the tricks (ie: rice cereal before bed, dream feeding, tricking her with a pacifier, etc), and am now at a loss.  Currently she's up twice a night, every night.  at around 10pm and then again around 2am and then sleeps til 6 or 7.  and that's on a good night.  on a bad night it can be much much worse.   I'm currently trying to come up with a good plan of action.
Plan:  Getting Lena to sleep through the night.  
Course of action:  who knows.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, Hang in there honey, I have nothing useful to say but I did want to point out how similar Mike and Cookie Monster's voices are! WEIRDLY similar....and Lena is beyond cute as always@!

Anonymous said...

p.s. that last comment was from Liz...not some weird anonymous person....