Wednesday, March 9, 2011

cruisin' for a bruisin'

I once heard someone utter the profundity, "Little babies are programed to self-destruct."  How true.  At under 8 months of age, Lena is a menace to herself.  Allow me to explain:

1) Her three favorite toys are, electrical wires (especially those that are plugged in to outlets), The Patch's bones (especially those he is actively chewing), and clothes hangers (especially those which Patch has chewed into sharp plastic points)

2) EVERYTHING (and I mean everything) goes into her mouth 0.0023 seconds after she gets her hands on it

3)  She tries to climb the stairs (I remove her after stair 1 or 2 but inevitably she goes right back)

4) "Baby proof" seems to not apply in her case (lids, outlets, baby gates, climbing out of the infant seat when we're paying slightly less attention than we should be...)

5)  She is mobile (crawling, cruising, climbing) so she falls all the live long day.  Yesterday she sported a slight black eye (not kidding) from an encounter with our wooden bed frame.

I could go on, but I imagine you see my point.   Lena is a maniac, albeit a cute maniac, but a maniac nonetheless.  Here are some videos and pictures of her saying things, going places, eating things, and basically just being the cute little crazy girl that she is.

Wearing Uncle Dave's cool hat


Lena's "alien voice"... don't really know where she picked this one up....


Just chatting and eating Cheerios


Cruisin' around


And she'll be 8 months old on the 15th!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

finally! I've been waiting for more Lena! Perfect timing bc I had a horrible day at work and she cheered me up :-) ahahaha love her!