Wednesday, March 23, 2011

a week or so behind...


We finally got Lena a high chair... there's a story as to why we decided it was time, but it's not one that's fit for blogging... Let's just say this should prevent any additional heart attacks for Mike and I...

Anyway, here is a picture of her favorite part of said high chair... the box!

And since my last post, Lena has grown considerably.  She changes so fast these days it seems that as soon as I get used to her doing one thing she changes it and does something new.  Like climbing the stairs.  About 4 minutes after I posted that she was climbing "1 or 2 steps" she decided to take on the whole flight at once.  Why not?  (see video documentary below)  Also, her sleep patterns and nap patterns are in a constant state of change.  For awhile now she's been sleeping great at night (thank goodness) but recently she's started screaming BLOODY MURDER when we put her down for naps or bedtime.  We're talking such screams that I think she being tortured.  Is she being tortured?  You decide.  The first few times this happened I went back in her room to save her from what surely must have been unimaginable physical anguish only to find her standing up, eyes glued on the door, banging her little hand on the crib railing, erupting into all smiles the second I walked in.  Hmm. "I WILL NOT go to sleep", anyone?   I've since learned that 5-10 minutes of such screaming will result in a peaceful sleeper and an approximate hour-and-a-half nap.  Awesome.  I've also put a few books in the crib to distract her from what clearly must be nap-induced-insanity.

Anyway, on to some multimedia gold.  Stair-climbing, big jumps, and saying "Bbbbbb".  Enjoy.



until next time...

2 comments:

Laura said...

First of all...love your hair Kim...second of all...its good to see the ever watchful Auntie Sheryl!!!! :) Third of all....I love Lena...and fourth of all...can"t wait to see you all sooooon!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything my mom said, but four, we're speeding down the road hoping to see you on Tuesday!!! Yipee!!! I hope she says "aunt jess".