Saturday, April 10, 2010

LG

Hi.  So here we are.  Saturday night.  I'm sitting on the couch with The Patch 'cause I'm not feeling so hot.  I just ate the last piece of leftover Easter cake though so hopefully that'll make me feel better.  Lately LG is moving around like a jumping bean and I swear she had the hiccups 2 days ago.  Low-and-behold Mike read today in this week's baby-update that babies at this stage do indeed get the hiccups!  So funny.  Anyway, here are 2 pics of me and LG both from today at different points:

Clearly, she is growing.  and growing fast!!  As I just typed that LG did a flip, kinda felt like how my stomach feels when I'm riding on a roller coaster.   Also notice in the first pic my insane-ly hitch-hiker-ish thumbs...  yes, they do make perfect 90 degree angles. 

Anyway, LG and I are doing well.  And now that her name is no longer a secret, I'll fill you all in... Ready?  Lena.  (Rhymes with "Tina" & "Gina")  So yes, LG's name is Lena.  But you'll have to wait to find out her middle name... we have to have 1 secret left!!!  And besides that, we are still on the fence with middle names anyway.  

And speaking of middle names, they are kind of a weird thing.  Why do we have middle names at all?  I don't know.   They sure aren't used a whole lot and aside from your family, no one ever knows your middle name anyway.    but I do like them.  I like when someone's middle name is their mom's maiden name, like Michael "Benson" Roth.  Although as much as I love "DeGregorio" I will not make that LG's middle name.... even though it is now one of my 2 middle names, but that was my own choosing and I had 25 years of it as my own personal last name first.  No, middle names for little girls are supposed to be pretty.   add some extra charm to the first name/last name combo.  But I digress.  Wanna suggest me a middle name to go with Lena Roth?  If you've got one, go for it.

This is The Patch tearing the stuffing out of a striped snake.

~~~~*~~~~

7 comments:

melruth831 said...

not that it matters... but i love the name! thanks for sharing.
middle names?
Abigail
Chloe
Elizabeth
Gabrielle
Isabella
Kimberly (hmmmmmmm)
Melanie (awesome)
Olivia
Quinn
Samantha
Udele
Wendy
Yumi
( i did half the alphabet if you didnt figure it out) haha good luck!

Kristin Roth said...

You look so incredibly cute Kim!!! I can't wait to be one of the many special Aunties to little Lena!

Laura said...

How about Lena Grace.....then you can call her LG for short and she will not only be "little girl" but it will actually be her initials!!!! Just a thought!!

Jess said...

Lena Gina. :-)
oh kim... you look so adorable and i wish i was closer to see it all happen! but this blog helps the homsickness... too bad it didn't help your morning sickness. and eat another piece of cake... the 2nd one always makes you feel better :-) love you two!

Brother Roth said...

Lena Benson

sheryl said...

I love the Lena Grance idea especially so her initials can be LG.
Lena Graye Roth sounds cute too=)

Laura said...

Aunt Laura says...thanks Sheryl that you think my middle name idea is good!!!! haha