Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The World Cup

Hello everyone.

Happy June 22!   Not that it's a special holiday or anything... unless your a Philadelphia teacher, then June 22 is the first official day of SUMMER VACATION.  Ahhhhh, what a wonderful thing!   Mike's been absent from blog pics for awhile, so here's one of how he spent his first hard-earned day of summer break:

Hehehehe, just kidding, this was only his position for about 15 minutes after working for 3 hours in the HOT sun at our community garden.  But either way, it's summer for the Roths and that's AWESOME.  Our other summer plans may or may not include: swimming, becoming parents, sleeping in (haha, i know, not for long!), putting together some furniture and baby equipment, grilling, wearing my regular non-maternity clothes, entertaining lots of visitors (please come), making sure The Patch doesn't eat Lena (he won't, don't worry), and generally figuring out how to live as a family of 3.5 instead of 2.5 (dogs = .5 in these calculations).   So that's the story.

Here is me today:

I know, I know, I'm small.  Sorry.  There's nothing I can do about it.  I've been drinking all the milkshakes I can, really.  Yes, she really is due in less than 3 weeks.  Yes, I'm sure of it.  and the sooner she shows up, the better.  I'm in the stage of being uncomfortable about 97.2% of every day.... and that includes sleeping.  I wake up each morning feeling like I was run over by the annoying ice cream truck that drives up and down our street all the live long day.   And speaking of all-the-live-long-day, that's also how often Lena kicks me and makes other nausea-inducing motions from inside of my stomach, all the live long day.   As we are currently watching as much World Cup soccer as possible, we think she must be preparing to join the US national team in about 20 years... and let me tell you, she's got talent, I can tell.  (at least 100 times more soccer talent then her mother had, let me tell you that as well.)

And on an ending note:  Saturday begins "go time".  So here we go!  Any day now...  how long will she take??

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

Ah, Kim! You are so cute, and I love reading your blog because (obviously) it sounds so much like you! You are so fun and reading your blog makes me excited to see you again soon... so come on Lena, we all wanna meet you! :)

Unknown said...

thats my shirt!..haha at least it is gettng used while im gone, and im glad to know it doubles as a maternity shirt=) It looks like patch found a new lap to sit on too!...this is sheryl NOT dave by the way

Kim DeGregorio Roth said...

Sheryl, almost your whole wardrobe doubles as maternity clothing. And since most of your wardrobe lives at my house, I wear your shirts everyday. so thanks! :-) heheheh

sheryl said...

yay! you finally figured out how to post something on your wall!

Kim DeGregorio Roth said...

i know! apparently it works from Mike's computer, just not mine... who knows.

Kim DeGregorio Roth said...

and I take back my fist comment. After today I realized I can only fit in 2 of your long & flowy shirts.... and so i rotate them daily. Can't wait for regular clothes again!!! :-)