Thursday, July 8, 2010

pardon the mild complaining


Just for updated-ness's sake:

As of today, according to the midwife, I am not ready to have a baby.  Not that I am not ready mentally or emotionally or socially (?), but just that physically my baby birthing parts are not "revved up & ready to go" as they say in car language... 

The projected due date of July 10 turns out to be just a passing dream.  boo.  I mean I know that SO many people are late with their first babies so it's really not a big deal right?  right.  right...?  It's just rather uncomfortable in the 100 degree weather carrying around a bowling ball in my abdomen while dealing with swollen feat, no energy, and a general lack of things to do to pass the time while waiting around.  Sheesh, what do I usually do with myself during summer vacation?  Oh, not have a baby, that's right.  I think I just need some projects to work on, especially now that everyone's pretty sure it'll be another week at least.  Hmm, maybe I'll start a list of things to do pre-baby right now:

- swim
- bake things for people
- sew something
- invite people over

Ok well, I'm out of ideas now.  Anyone have any more suggestions?  Good ways to pass the time?  Good books?  Good Philadelphia-located non-tiring outings?  anything?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim I keep checking. But those July babies like to take their time. Take it from me. Sam was 13 days late. They say long walks, I know just what you want to do when its 100*.

sugargems said...

stay in bed ALL DAY... make Mike serve you meals... or come switch roles with me for a day... that'll send you into labor... or be happy you have a few more days of freedom!

liz hess said...

go to the store and buy the book "the help" you will become VERY absorbed, VERY quickly and that should tide you over at least 2 days......everyone should read that book. hang in there honey!

Anonymous said...

you shoud get a foot massage somewhere!!!...-sheryl

Laura said...

Check out the Corner Bakery in Philly....if you can find a parking space...haha....great breakfast!!! We are praying for you both!!!

sugargems said...

keep complaining so we know you aren't in labor.