Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Mommy Tales

So I've been a mommy for just about 3 weeks.  CRAZY!!  I don't really feel any different, but I do have this cute little munchkin to take care of all day which is a new thing.  She is CUTE.  Also exasperating at times and the cause of some stress, but all in all she's great.  Here are 2 pictures (thanks, Liz) and 2 short stories about mommy life with Lena:

 


1)  Lena must have hit her 3-week growth spurt, and hit it hard.  I know that's what it was because I googled all the symptoms & also checked it out in our baby books.  OH MAN, growth spurts are NO FUN AT ALL.  No fun for anyone, not for me, not for her, not for Mike, and not even for The Patch.  Seriously, yesterday she ate all day long.  and for the 4 seconds when she wasn't eating, she was crying because she wanted to be eating again.  and even while she was eating she was still crying...  She was awake from around 9am until 4pm.  I had been planning on having a relaxing & nap filled day, but clearly she had other plans for me as a 24-hour milk bar.  Thankfully she seemed to calm herself down (or tire herself out?) around 4:30 and then acted like a normal baby for the rest of the evening...  AND thus far today, she's been back to her-normal-well-behaved-3-ish-hour-routined-self (although I'm not un-crossing my fingers until nightfall just in case).

2)  Once on each of the past 2 nights Lena has made a complete mess.  How has she done that?  Well, while having her diaper changed she has, without any warning, had a poop explosion AND a fountain of pee all over the place.  and all over her mother.  two 3am's in a row.  Now, I thought only boy babies could spray down everything within the general vicinity at will, but apparently I was wrong.  In a girl-power-like manner Lena has proved that yes, girls can do it too, albeit in a slightly different way.

and those are my 2 stories.
more to follow.
eventually.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I died laughing at the diaper surprise! hahaha! love your yellow dress in that 2nd pic! and I LOVE LENA!!!

sheryl said...

haha...24 hour milk bar......bwhahahaha