Saturday, January 30, 2010

Grand Plans

Sheesh, my weekly posts get later and later as time goes on here...  I think it's just that there's no new "news" to report.  all is normal.  (relatively)  Although while looking at several pregnancy magazines I'm getting the feeling that things should be quite busier then they are now in the Roth household (at least according to said magazines).  They remind me a lot of bride magazines in that they seem to come with long timelines of everything you "should" be doing for every day of the 10 month pregnancy and for 5 months before you even get pregnant.  So by now Mike and I should have the baby room cleaned out, colors decided upon for either girl/boy, looked into every baby product imaginable to decide exactly what we want, tested out strollers, painted the baby room, read all sorts of books, talked about "birthing options", started to look for a local pediatrician, discussed and decided upon parenting strategies, know what several hip-mom words/phrases like "dula" and "water birth" mean exactly, and numerous other things....  yikes.


Now, Mike and I tend to be very laissez-faire about things in general (or at least Mike does) so I guess I shouldn't really be surprised that other parents-to-be already know everything they need to know, while we do not.  We'll get around to everything eventually... (and hopefully with enough time not to cause a huge amount of stress).  I'll tell you what I DID do though- I bought 2 maternity shirts.  ahh?  how 'bout that for prepared-ness!?  And that's about all I can handle right now.  Sorry, magazine calendars.


Feb 23rd we find out girl/boy just FYI....  maybe that'll help us get moving here...  ehh, we'll see.

No comments: