Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cardio

So I had a baby checkup this past Monday and the baby passed with flying colors. and a flying heartbeat. It was awesome for Mike and I to hear and, sheesh, babies' hearts beat fast! It was as if the baby just happened to be doing some intense cardio kickboxing while the doc was listening (which is a whole lot more exercise than its mother's currently getting). go baby go.

Actually I was planning on getting a little exercise lately but unfortunately all my great plans were foiled. For Christmas Mike got me some prenatal yoga classes at a studio in a hip and trendy neighborhood downtown (this is what I asked for). They are offered Thursday nights and I tried to go for the first time last Thursday. You may recall that last Thursday night was New Years Eve. I threw some sort of yoga-appropriate outfit together and drove all the way there only to be turned away at the door. Actually, what I did was unknowingly interrupt an entire class of much more serious yoga-ers before a girl came out and told me the night class was canceled for New Years.... but it didn't say that online and no one was answering the phone!!!!??!! So that was failed attempt #1.

Failed attempt #2 took place this evening. After waking up on the sniffly side in the middle of the night and then going to work, I only made it til around 2pm before I started sneezing approximately 438 times per hour. This is not fun. There are few things I can say I truly hate, but one of those things is sneezing. I spent large portions of my child and teenage-hood sneezing all day every day in response to my family's cats that I (unbeknownst to me at the time) happened to be very allergic to. Sneezing, horrible and so tiring. Anyway, earlier this evening I spent a 20 minute period trying to decide if I should get off my couch, go to yoga, and exercise a bit; or stay home instead. I REALLY wanted to go but decided against it on the grounds that my sneezing would just be obnoxious (and possibly contagious) to the rest of the class and this is not the first impression I want to make. As it is I will probably look like a fool who can't "harness her chi" or whatever it is that people do in yoga. So anyway, I have every intention of making it to class at the next opportunity.... and that's my story.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Ah sneezing. i remember it well. and the neat little way you folded up your tissue to blow your nose after. :-)