Wednesday, December 30, 2009

to resolute or not to resolute?

It's been a week since my last post. This means it's time to write once again, however, at the moment I am at a loss as to what to write about. I'll blame it on the post-Christmas plateau. The only thing that comes to mind is that tomorrow is New Years Eve. Ah yes, time to resolute. (is "to resolute" an infinitive verb? if it's not, it should be) So I will gather my thoughts back from the recesses of my mind for approximately 5 minutes or so and resolute. I resolve (ah yes, that would be the correct verb form, would it not?) ahem, I resolve to have a baby in 2010. the end. that wasn't so hard. Although now that I'm thinking about it this resolution does lend itself to the creation of more resolutions in order to help the first one all work out smoothly. ok. So I also resolve to learn how to hold a baby without hurting it, and to change my first poop-y diaper, and to try to give it a name it won't hate the rest of its existence, and to clean the basement in order to move the fooseball table downstairs so we can have a baby room upstairs, and to do pregnant-people-yoga in order to help the baby relax(?), and to put those annoying plastic catch-slider things on all my cabinet doors and ones in my electrical outlets, and to read lots of books about babies so I'm not completely unprepared.... whew. That was a lot of resoluting, I mean, resolving. ok this isn't so bad ...maybe now I'll make some resolutions for Mike too! And you, mystery-baby, your only resolution is to be just to put yourself together in a functional fashion and get yourself born in due time, k? Happy 2010 everyone!

No comments: