Tuesday, December 15, 2009

the yabadoo times

I'm 11 weeks now. So that was pretty much the first trimester, huh? Not to jinx myself or anything, but if that was all the 1st trimester had to throw at me, then I got off way easy. I had one 2-week bout with some constant hardcore nausea around weeks 7&8 which was horrible. Ugh. I ate a sleeve of saltines a day with a can of gingerale and that was about it. Not to be gross, but I also threw up five times while walking to church at 8:30am, 3 blocks from my house, in the middle of the street, like someone who was out partying too late the night before.... ick. One night Mike made broccolli and I thought I was going to have to move out because of the smell. Anyway just after that I switched my vitamin (to 2 chewable flinstones per day) and I was a new woman...with a new stomach. Viola, it was that easy (for me, at least). And not that I'm feeling 100%, but I'll take a solid 75% and be happy with that considering the circumstances.

last friday I was at the doctors for a quick check up and the doctor told me very seriously that "now is the time to go easy on those intense gym workouts and all that cardio"... was he talking to me? I do NOTHING physical all day and am still EXHAUSTED. Intense gym workouts?!?! I get my workout walking up the stairs a couple times a day. I'm wondering who those pregnant women are that have the energy to do these "gym workouts" so "intensely"? What is their secret? a third flinstones vitamin per day??

Ehh, I'll take my 2 vitamins, eat what I want, and happily fight to keep my eyes open all day, thank you very much.

2 comments:

Laura in Pgh said...

Kim - you make me laugh! Keep the posts coming!

Casey said...

My friend Katy was doing serious military workouts into her last few weeks! crazy I know!