Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Welcome Company!

Hi.

So here's my blog. It seemed like the thing to do, ya know, talk about what's going on here on 7th St. First of all, Mike and I are expecting "company"... and not just Sheryl and Dave, my sister and bro-in-law, who live with us. No, we are also expecting a baby. A real one. It's true. I know, I can't believe it either sometimes.

Ok, baby facts. I have none. I know next to nothing. I know my due date is somewhere in July because I took 2 separate tests online and one gave a due date of July 10 and the other of July 18, so it's gotta be somewhere in there, right? And that's the end of my knowledge. Thankfully, I have my first baby-doctor's appointment on Monday, so maybe she'll be able to tell me more.

As for what this means for us, right now it only means that I am exhausted, bone-crushingly tired to be exact, every day... every minute of every day for that matter, and that I'm weird about food. (Mike might say that I'm a tad more irritable and irrational these days too, and that may or may not be true. Even if it is, he's been super-great to me throughout these pregnant 2 months) Actually, the other thing it means for us is that we get really good mail. We've gotten 3 packages in the past 2 weeks, all surprises, and all awesome!! So there you go, to improve your mail situation, just get pregnant.

The grandparent situation is looking pretty great too. Our kid will have more grandparents than the standard 4, but really, what's not to love about more grandparents?! Our parents are beyond thrilled to be grandparents (all for the 1st time) so that's been really fun. It was really fun to tell them all too, Mike's parents on Thanksgiving, my dad on his 50th B-day, and my mom after trying to get her to comment on the sweatshirt I had stuffed in my belly. Her reaction was supposed to be an instant "What are you doing?" and to that my planned response, "Oh, just getting you ready for July..." hint hint. Well, she didn't get it. She didn't even see the sweatshirt in my belly for honestly a good 2 minutes... even after giving me a hug hello!! I stood sideways, I removed my vest, I scratched my "belly"... all this and the only thing she did was comment on my eyeglasses. It was very funny. Needless to say, we're still talking about this story. And speaking of grandparents, there are so many "grandparent names" to choose from?! And who gets to pick, the grandparent? the parent? the kid? society? I'm pushing for my mom to be "Nonna", but she'd rather be "Grammi".... and my dad once said that he wanted to be "Nino" which means nothing, but resembles the Spanish word for "little boy"... It's "Nonno", Dad, sheesh.

Ahhh ok that's it for my first post... I'll try to be more interesting later... actually, this is pretty fun! I'll do my best to keep this updated with all the important info and any anecdotes there might be later..... so stay tuned.

3 comments:

Leah said...

i'm very excited for this blog. and baby. :)

Unknown said...

Favorite quote... If you want to improve your mail situation, get pregnant!

you're hilarious. I'll see you soon!

sugargems said...

love the story about your mom... and i like your dad's unique name choice :)