Friday, February 5, 2010

18 Weeks

Hi there.

So Friday has come again.  AND a blizzard is also coming today so that's cool.  about an hour ago I rememberd my committment to post weekly, so here is this week's post (albeit slightly on the late side)

I figured I'd post a picture or two to keep the reader interest levels up.  So here they are:

This is my 18-week belly.  and a view of my calendar, a pumpkin from November (still good!...?), and the other things that hang on my kitchen wall.  

This is where you can usually find me.  On the couch, with Patch in my lap.  In this picture I'm not doing anything productive, but usually this is my "at work" pose (with a computer and several packets of paper).  Why is this my "at work" position?  Because I have the best job in the world.  ah yes.  I get to work from home about 55% of the time.  I hang out with kids.  I write newsletters.  I tell people about LOGAN Hope.  I database things.  I write lots of grants.  It's fantastic.  For example, today:  I get up, eat breakfast & watch the news.  My morning consists of me working on a grant from Pepsi (vote-able in March so stay tuned), coordinating some volunteer groups, and taking a few minutes to write this blog.  It's great.  I actually CAN'T go into the office on Fridays til after lunch because (get this) there's no where for me to sit!  hah!  The office gets used for special-help tutoring Friday mornings so I get a free work-from-home pass.  awesome.

Ok, back to the baby:  it's growing!  This week apparently the baby was the size of a bell pepper (or a turnip, says another source).  I had a Doc appointment and everything's going well.   Ultrasound on Feb 23rd and we're getting more and more excited to find out what it is!  (a baby, i guess)  My gut says it's a girl, but I have no legitimate reason for thinking that.  Mike thinks it's a boy because "everyone we know has had girls so it has to even out somewhere..."  So there you have it.  
Stay tuned. and thanks for reading :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

our huge snow storm turned out to be a dudd. how about yours? :)