Monday, May 10, 2010

delightful daffodil




31 Weeks Down... who knows how many more to go... 7?  9?  no idea.

and here's the big news:  THE ROOM IS PAINTED!! Woohoo!!  thanks to Mike (who primed the entire room & ceiling & closet himself) and my friend Betsy (who helped Mike and I with the painting) the room is a lovely shade of yellow with white trim.  In fact, in these pics I'm actually standing in her room trying to show off the new color.  The color is called "delightful daffodil" which I think is quite funny... and "delightful!"

In other Lena news, "Lena" is all over the news... as in Lena Horne, the famous jazz singer who passed away today.   The local Jazz radio station is playing her stuff all night which is awesome, I love jazz.  Maybe Lena Roth will have a voice like hers, that'd be really cool :-) 

Moving on, this past Friday was a fun day.  Mike's co-teacher threw him (& me) a surprise baby shower (I knew about it, Mike did not)!  I went to Edison High School and hung out for the morning for the baby shower teacher brunch during 1st period and for Mike's 2nd period class.  Here is a pic of Mike and I showing off our shower gift and one of Mike with some of his 2nd period kids (all the boys are hiding from the camera). 
So there you go.  ALSO I just realized that my due date is July 10 and today's May 10.  2 months away!

One last topic:  this weekend Mike, The Patch, and I traveled to Pittsburgh for the last time as just a couple & a dog.  Next time we do that we'll be a couple, a dog, and a baby Lena!!  crazy.  Anyway, we had a great & relaxing visit with Mike's family.  The only bad part was the Whopper & fries that I got on the drive up gave me major heartburn... oh well.

not too much longer now....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I spy dunkin donuts munchkins in the last photo! and I LOVE the color and i can't wait to see you and lena in TWO days!!! yippeeeee!!!!