Thursday, May 20, 2010

Going green

So.   I know I said tonight was "How to take care of a real live baby" class, but as it turns out they were overbooked so we had to reschedule for 6/8.  Oh well  Sunday still is "How to birth a baby in the least stressful and painful way imaginable" class so at least we'll be getting some sort of education this week.
 

Anyway, I know it's only Thursday but I couldn't resist putting pics up of Lena's tree! YAY!!  Our friends Lauren and Roberto came by for some dinner & painting last night and being as Lauren's an artist, she sketched on the wall and then we banged out a pretty awesome tree.  At least, this is the tree in stage 1.  Who knows what the final stage will look like, but even if we decide to just leave it be, it's pretty awesome, no?!  Yay.  That white door is a door to our bedroom, FYI, perfect nursery set-up.

 This is me & Lauren doing some painting...

and here's me and Mike doing some painting!
Anyway, so yes, the Lena tree.  Its leaves are varying shades of green which is kind of hard to see in these pictures.  Speaking of green I've just realized that almost everything I ate today was green.  I had this weird pea soup for lunch, and guacomole & cream cheese on a bagel for dinner... (I have been obsessed with all-things-avocado this whole pregnancy long... all-things-avocado & chocolate glazed donuts, I can't seem to ever get enough.)  yes, and now I'm eating mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert.  I love going green. hah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that tree! I hope you remember how to do it b/c you're hired to paint trees in my futures children's rooms! :-) and yay for ice cream for dessert!

sugargems said...

very impressive tree... enjoy some ice cream for me!