Wednesday, May 26, 2010

just what the doctor ordered

 Hi.

So yes, early posting again, I know.  But I have 2 things to write about so rather than wait til the weekend (which will be supremely busy anyway) I choose to write now.... and maybe again on the weekend ;-)

Moving on.  So #1:  I had a doctors appointment this morning during which I was asked by the doctor "Do you like milkshakes?" to which I replied "yes...?" and then got the shock of my life, "You should add a couple of those to your diet each week." !!!for real!!   "AWESOME!" is what I say to that.  Apparently I weighed in at slightly less than would have been "ideal" but since the doc thinks it's nothing a few milkshakes won't fix, I'm not at all concerned :-)  So, here I sit, typing away drinking a cookies & cream milkshake.  yum.


Ok on to #2:  So Mike and I had our "How to birth a baby in the least stressful and painful manner imaginable" class all day on Sunday.  We learned a lot.  But let me add that I also wish storks actually did deliver babies...  And we had to watch videos of like 5 real births.  Now, I know all you moms out there are like "oh Kim, get over it." but seriously, it was slightly traumatizing.  I'd be lying if I said labor is something I'm looking forward to.  Oh well, can't do much about that now, can I?  But anyway, we survived the class, got educated on the facts of life part 2, and are now between 4.5-8.5 weeks away from go time.

At least we get to meet Lena at the end of the whole labor process.  I guess that's why people do this.  :-)  ok bye.

1 comment:

sugargems said...

enjoy the milkshakes... and anything else you might be craving!!