Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lena's first party


So yesterday was Lena's first party!  A whole wonderful garden tea party just for her!  The wonderful women in my family threw me & Lena a baby shower at my mom's in NJ this past Saturday.  It was super fun, super beautiful out, and super pink.  Lena got so much great loot!  Thanks, everyone!!  Although I don't know quite what to do with some of the stuff we got yet, I'm sure I'll learn quickly...

Actually, speaking of learning quickly, Mike and I have 2 baby classes this week.  Thursday night is "How to actually take care of a real live baby" and Sunday is "How to birth a baby in the least stressful and painful manner imaginable".  Ok, so maybe neither of them are technically named as such, but you get the idea.  I wonder if they give grades out in these classes & if so, I hope we don't get an F....

and now into the 33rd week (32 weeks completed as of Saturday)...  The food comparison of the week is "weighs about as much as a large jicama".  Jicama?  I know I've eaten it, but can't say that I offhandedly know what a raw whole jicama looks like or feels like.  Jicama, anyone??  Apparently from here on out I'm supposed to be putting on a pound a week.  AND I also found out today that at 37 weeks you are considered "full term" so Lena could be here in as little as 5 weeks!!!!  CRAZY.   (I'm still telling her to shoot for around July 4th, so we'll see)  Anyway, here's me at 32 weeks.

Feeling pretty good these days.  The usual pregnancy woes, but that's pretty much just par for course so I'm ok.  Mike and I are counting down the weeks til school's out for the summer... 5 weeks left now!!  I'll go out on maternity leave for the summer and then start work again in the fall as an hourly staff member and 90% from home- oh yea!!  So excited for that too.  I'll just be doing some grant writing and donor communication stuff whenever I have time (or whenever I feel like it) once mom-life starts :-)

Alrighty, time to go.  Ciao. 

3 comments:

Leah said...

oh kim, you look so beautiful!

sheryl said...

the shower was SO fun! and you look awesome in that pic! (and in real life too)....and Ha HA about getting an F in the class, that was funny

mom said...

Loved using my china, especially for Lena's first "party!" First of many tea parties :-)